Reply To: USB passthrough works sporadically

Forum / NoMachine for Mac / USB passthrough works sporadically / Reply To: USB passthrough works sporadically

Giorgi-G.
Contributor

Hi,

I have found an issue with your Mac logs. It’s definitely about conflicting software KEXT loaded the same time as NM’s KEXTs are loaded.

To be sure it’s a VirtualHere, I just installed it on our test Mac and were able to reproduce the same behavior and logs at our lab.

Just run this command at your Mac’s terminal

kextstat | grep usb | grep -v “apple” 

And if you see here anything but NoMcahine’s KEXTs – that might be a problem.

Even after manual stopping of VirtualHere and machine restart I still had VirtualHere’s driver loaded into the system:

0xffffff7f853f0000 0x4000     0x4000     com.virtualhere.vhusbd (2.3.1) 520E80E7-44CE-3AFF-949D-291C7E817174 <59 6 5 3 1>

So even having it installed, but not running may be a reason for issues (constant and not).

The worst thing is that if you remove VirtualHere from Applications its driver will still remain in the system even after a restart of the machine.

So to completely remove it you need to run the following commands in the terminal with admin rights:

sudo kextunload -b com.virtualhere.vhusbd

sudo /Applications/VirtualHereServer.app/Contents/MacOS/vhusbdosx -b uninstall

sudo /Applications/VirtualHereServer.app/Contents/MacOS/vhusbdosx -u

sudo rm -rf /Applications/VirtualHereServer.app/

sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/vhhcd.kext

After restart com.virtualhere.vhusbd were not loaded anymore, and NoMachine forwarding worked again.