Reply To: Waiting for desktop user to authorize

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Waiting for desktop user to authorize / Reply To: Waiting for desktop user to authorize

Britgirl
Keymaster

It’s not clear to me what the problem was that you were encountering in the first place, but if you considered the “issue” resolved, that’s fine. I requested logs because I was under the impression that you were seeing a “waiting for desktop to authorise” message despite 1) logging in with the same username and 2) you had followed the advice of Mth in the topic you mentioned.

I mentioned “security risk” which is taken from Mth’s original answer to the topic that you were quoted at the start of this thread: having an unwanted user attach to your desktop without your permission is not what most people want. So the desktop owner has a choice to accept or refuse. Of course, if you trust the user with your username and password (you are the owner), then that’s entirely your choice and not under discussion here.

Maybe you should have a look at the Security section of the Server Guide document in our Knowledge Base.
If you continue to see behaviour which doesn’t match what you’ve set on each server, please open a new topic: https://www.nomachine.com/DT10O00155#2.2.