Unable to access existing session. Error: The session negotiation failed

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Unable to access existing session. Error: The session negotiation failed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ashok_Barik
    Participant

Hello Team,

I’m unable to access my existing session and getting error “The session negotiation failed”.

I created this session in last week and everything was working fine but today I’m getting this.

I try to create new session and that is working fine without any issue but I want to access my previous session as there was lots of important things were running.

# nxserver –history |grep -i sirfan | grep -i kde
    1026 sirfan – 7F898C000A6FFBCF8652599229702930 2017-11-15 23:02:14 Failed svr-inn-nmt-02:22022 unix-kde
    1026 sirfan – 7F898C000A6FFBCF8652599229702930 2017-10-09 11:28:10 Disconnected svr-inn-nmt-02:22022 unix-kde

NoMachine version running on server – nomachine-enterprise-server-5.3.12

Please help me to restore this failed session.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

What’s the remote desktop environment? On what distro? It would help to know more a little more about your environment. Also what client OS and what version of the NoMachine (Enterprise?) Client are you connecting with?

Are you the administrator of this server? If so, you’ll need to submit the server-side logs as per the instructions

If you are not the administrator, please contact them and ask them to open a ticket in the support center on your behalf or contact us via the website. Instructions for enabling debug and submitting logs are here: https://www.nomachine.com/DT07M00098

Do not paste them here. Send directly to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.

Ashok_Barik
    Participant

Server (enterprise-server-5.3.12) and all nodes (Load balancing) are running with CentOS6.9 x86_64 architecture.  Client machines are running with Windows 7/10.

This is NoMachine forum and I expected more help from you on this.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

The forums are open to everyone and are monitored by our developers in the time they have between handling support tickets coming from subscribed customers and their own development work. If you don’t provide all the information we need, it slows down the process of finding a solution (if the problem is indeed a NoMachine issue).

Our developers need as much information as possible from you in order to be able investigate as I have mentioned several times in your other posts that I have replied to. If you are the administrator submit the logs from the server side, not just the client side. Seeing these will allow us to check what the potential problem is and if it is known to us (the Trouble Reports section of the Knowledge Base shows all the current bugs and whether fixes are available and in which version).

Please understand that the forums are handled by the developers as quickly as possible given their commitments – if you have a valid subscription with us, you should consider opening a support ticket in the customer area so that your issue can be investigated according to your entitlements, and to avoid sensitive information being made public. If you wish to continue discussing possible solutions here, that’s fine as well, but please submit the logs and answer the following:

Client machines are running with Windows 7/10.

Are you unable to reconnect the session regardless of the connecting client? I.e you’ve tried from Win 7 and Win 10 to reconnect but without success? What’s the NoMachine version of the client?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.