Raspberry Pi: No Route to the network or to the host ‘xxx.xxx.x.xx’ was found.

Forum / NoMachine for Raspberry Pi / Raspberry Pi: No Route to the network or to the host ‘xxx.xxx.x.xx’ was found.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    amadeuz4
    Participant

Hello all.  I’m using a Raspberry Pi 5, 4GB and running the latest Raspberry Pi OS on it.  I’m using the Pi as the server.  NoMachine appears to be working correctly and it work 95% of the time.  But usually once a day I can not access the Pi from another desktop (either locally or through internet), but the easy fix is to simply reboot the Raspberry Pi.  After the Pi boots, then access works perfectly…. until the next day (rinse and repeat).  The error message I’m receiving is: No route to the network or to the host ‘xxx.xxx.x.xx’ was found.  The issue could either be caused by a wrong server address or by a networking problem. Please verify your connection and try again.  Again, the only way to fix this is to reboot the Pi, and then it begins to work again.  I do have the Pi assigned to a dedicated IP, and that IP is setup with a port forward for outside access.  But when it hangs, I can’t access either locally or outside my network.  Does anyone have any idea what is causing the hang?

Thanks in advance.

-Robb

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Strange. This sounds more like a network problem. When you see that error, can you ping or ssh in to the Pi?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.