Screensaver disable for remote sessions only

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Screensaver disable for remote sessions only

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    azaidiciq
    Participant

Hi all,

I am currently using the GNOME desktop on my Rocky 8 box and am encountering an issue when trying to disable the screensaver for my remote sessions running on NoMachine.

For reference, I want to keep the screensaver settings on my physical workstation to lock after a period of inactivity. However, I am looking for a way to disable the screen lock/screensaver only for the remote sessions via NoMachine.

I have created a simple script to accomplish this:

#!/bin/bash
    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.screensaver lock-enabled false

I am using the ‘UserScriptAfterStartSession’ parameter within the /usr/NX/etc/server.cfg to call the script at the start of any remote session, as shown in this NoMachine KB article. While I have successfully executed other scripts using this method, I have been unable to get this one to work.

If anyone has any insight or can recommend an alternative to achieving this goal, I am open to suggestions.

Thank you,

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Hi,

Have you tried running the script from node.cfg? Node.cfg is executed as the running user you could try that. Custom scripts set-up in server.cfg are common to all the users who are accessing the server and are executed by the nxserver program.

There is a Trouble Report open which may affect the outcome https://kb.nomachine.com/TR03V11117. If that doesn’t help, then you could try using one of the terminal server products and run virtual desktops for each of your users, disabling the screensaver for the specific user maybe? NoMachine Workstation, available as evaluation software, provides 4 virtual Linux desktops, each one separate, for User A, B, C and D.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.