NoMachine keeps on disconnecting me & reconnecting me?

Forum / General Discussions / NoMachine keeps on disconnecting me & reconnecting me?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ncage
    Participant

I just set up a Fedora 40 virtual machine last night. Installed NoMachine & everything was working fine. I haven’t installed all that much since last night. Two things I can remember are Tailscale & I wanted to try out the new RDP feature in KDE plasma. This morning I started having the problem. When looking at the NoMachine client the interface turns totally white & when looking at the virtual machine through the native virtual machine viewer you can see it connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting over & over. I decided to try to turn tailscale & RDP off but that didn’t make a difference.

For context I have another server with Debian installed. Connect to that machine is working fine. I tried two different Mac clients & same problem. One is on a 2.5gbe wired connection.

I have uninstalled & rm -rf both the /usr/NX folder & the /etc/NX folder then reinstalled & same issue. I decided to peruse the server logs & this is what i’m seeing:

NXSERVER WARNING! Terminating Session<UUID>with reasonConnection Limit Reached & I’m seeing this over & over. Since I’m the only once connecting there shouldn’t be any connect limit issues of course.

I’ve googled this specific error message & can’t seem to find much. On the client I eventually get timeout error.

ncage
    Participant

Well I finally figured it out. It was very confusing because when you installed NoMachine it would work fine until you rebooted & then it would quit working with the problem noted above. The problem end up being Wayland. Switched to x11 & it started working fine. Isn’t NoMachine supposed to be fully compatible with Wayland now?

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Are you using the latest version? It’s now 8.13.

NoMachine is able to connect to Linux physical desktops on Wayland (since version 6). However, there are some limitations with different versions of Wayland desktops and you can read more about connections to Linux desktops running the Wayland display server here: https://kb.nomachine.com/AR02P00969.

You are using KDE Plasma (plasma 6 maybe) on your Fedora 40 server and there is a Trouble Report currently open which looks very much the problem you encountered.

Capture of the Wayland desktop by EGL doesn’t work with KDE Plasma 6
    https://kb.nomachine.com/TR05V11141

The workaround, besides using x11, can be to use the Gnome Wayland desktop.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.