Keep getting message on console regarding LD_PRELOAD failure

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Keep getting message on console regarding LD_PRELOAD failure

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ilgaz
    Participant

Hello,

I keep seeing this message on my openSUSE Tumbleweed console after recent updates:

ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/NX/lib/libnxegl.so’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.

This is what I see on Terminal (in case file is corrupt etc)

ilgaz@think:~> ls -l /usr/NX/lib/libnxegl.so
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 54504 Jul 12 11:18 /usr/NX/lib/libnxegl.so
    ilgaz@think:~> file /usr/NX/lib/libnxegl.so
    /usr/NX/lib/libnxegl.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, stripped
    ilgaz@think:~> sha256sum /usr/NX/lib/libnxegl.so
    f50c6c63608fb847fdbb66de0a74d24139f4a4122d2d84e8751f33cbee8be910  /usr/NX/lib/libnxegl.so

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Hi, by “recent updates” do you mean the NoMachine update to 8.12 or 8.13? or are you referring to Tumbleweed updates?

My version is: nomachine-8.14.2-1.x86_64 on RHEL 8.10 and i keep getting it on every application installed with snap.

ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/NX/lib/libnxegl.so’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Fajny, is it possible that you have installed a 64-bit package on a 32-bit system? This could explain why the library cannot be loaded.

amprince01
    Participant

I’m receiving this error since upgrading to 8.14.2 on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed. I did the upgrade through the application when it prompted me to.

ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/NX/lib/libnxegl.so’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (failed to map segment from shared object): ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/NX/lib/libnxegl.so’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (failed to map segment from shared object): ignored.

Free Version 8.14.2 – upgraded from 8.13 – the error comes up when I run commands in bash.

asp100m
    Participant

Apparmor probably blocked the shared object.
    You need to allow it by Yast -> AppArmor -> Scan Audit Logs.
    In my case, it was lessopen.sh called by less.

hawk
    Participant

Hello Ilgaz, fajny.masz.tornister and amprince01
    May i ask you for more information?
    – please share example snap app that is causing the problem?
    – are you connecting to a headless environment?
    – which graphical shell you are using?
    Logs from /usr/NX/var/log/ directory and output from command env | grep -i nx may be very useful. Send those information to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com, please.

hawk
    Participant

One more thing. Some useful information about things blocked by apparmor can be stored in journalctl. Please run sudo journalctl -g apparmor > apparmor.log command, collect apparmor.log and send it to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com along with other informations.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Please login .