Custom session type

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    machiniststruggle
    Participant

I searched around for this but wasn’t able to find an answer.  I’m setting up a terminal server to demo for a few folks and while setting up the AvailableSessionTypes parameter I noticed there’s only options for unix-kde and unix-gnome.  Is there a way to add a custom type, say for XFCE, that would show up as an option in the NX client as well?   I know there’s the custom and default desktop options but I was looking for something with a little less friction involved so the user doesn’t need to know which command to run or option to select.

Thanks!

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Hi, take a look at point 4 in the following article:

https://kb.nomachine.com/AR04K00667#4

If there are multiple desktop environments, you can configure NoMachine to provide users the list of all the available desktop types installed and configured on the system (i.e. available in /usr/share/xsessions).

Set ‘xsessions=1’ in the ConnectPolicy key in /usr/NX/etc/server.cfg:

ConnectPolicy autocreate=1,autoconnect=1,automigrate=1,desktop=0,dialog=0,xsessions=1,udp=1

Removing the # from the key. Then when connecting, NoMachine will show all the DE options available.

Or to show XFCE, you can set the DefaultDesktopCommand key in node.cfg:
    DefaultDesktopCommand “/usr/bin/startxfce4” (see point 2.1 of the same article).

machiniststruggle
    Participant

Thanks! I enabled xsessions and just modified what I had in /usr/share/xsessions so it lists the DE I wanted.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.