Discovery doesn’t work for MacBook Pro, does for other MacBook

Forum / NoMachine for Mac / Discovery doesn’t work for MacBook Pro, does for other MacBook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tim
    Participant

I use Ubuntu/Pop_OS! to connect to two macOS computers. Only the MacBook shows up when the local network is searched.

The 2017 MacBook Pro does not. On that computer, under Server settings –> Ports, the NX service is running and “Advertise this computer…” is checked.

I exported the logs and they indicate the service is listening for connections.

What are my next steps to figure out why this computer is not being discovered.

Server: 2017 MacBook Pro Ventura 13.7; NoMachine 8.14.2

Client: Pop_OS! 22.04 LTS; NoMachine 8.14.2

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Hi, can you enable debug and send us the server-side logs of the affected Macbook, so we can check them? You can extract them using the instructions here: https://kb.nomachine.com/DT07S00243

Attach them here or send them to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com. Please use the title of this topic as the subject of your email. Thanks!

tim
    Participant

Completed.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Hi, logs show that that NoMachine is broadcasting correctly. So, we need to understand why your client is not receiving from the problematic Macbook. Either the Macbook 2017 server is not on the same LAN as the client (they must not be subnets), so verify this. And check that the firewall of the 2017 MacBook Pro is not filtering the traffic. You can do that by temporarily turning it off.

tim
    Participant

All computers are on the same LAN (no subnets) assigned ip addresses by the same router.

Turned firewall off on 2017 MacBook Pro and restarted. No change. I’m pretty sure the working MacBook also has the firewall on, but I’d have to check and confirm later. Either way, the 2017 MacBook Pro still doesn’t show up (I am able to connect by manually configuring).

tim
    Participant

I just tried deleting and reinstalling NoMachine on both the Ubuntu box and the 2017 MacBook Pro. Same result.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

We could send you a package for you to install with higher debug enabled for mdns discovery which could allow us to investigate (given that we can’t reproduce it). Are you available to try that?

tim
    Participant

Sure. Would be happy to help and try that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Please login .