Terminal Server license expired same day trial started

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Terminal Server license expired same day trial started

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    uribepnr
    Participant

I’m evaluating Small Business Terminal Server, I just installed it today. After a few connections I’m no longer able to connect. I enabled server logs and nxserver.log says

30806 30806 2023-03-27 17:18:08 184.541 NXSERVER NXEvent: Creating new event ‘licenseExpired’.
    30806 30806 2023-03-27 17:18:08 184.568 NXSERVER NXEvent: adding action NXLicense::handleLicenseExpiredEvent for event licenseExpired.
    30806 30806 2023-03-27 17:18:08 184.598 NXSERVER NXSelector:addTimestampCallback: adding callback ‘licenseExpired’ with timestamp ‘1682527754’ and handler ‘defaultEventHandler’.

Which I assume means I can no longer test it. This happened just a few hours after the first time I installed NX in this machine. How can I fix this?

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Can you tell us the exact message that appears when you try to start a NoMachine session to the server? A screenshot of the dialog maybe. Also, the logs that you gathered from the server would be useful.

uribepnr
    Participant

There is no message. The client window where the session is starting simply closes without error. When I open it again, I see that a virtual desktop was initiated (a new icon appears next to the existing “physical display” icon). However, if I attempt to resume either session, the dialog closes again without an error message.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

You didn’t submit the logs that you mentioned.

I would uninstall, remove all traces of NoMachine, and then reinstall the latest packages (now 8.5). If the problem is still there, please provide:

– Linux distribution server side

– desktop environment server side

– client OS and version

and logs from both sides. The instructions for gathering logs are available here:  https://kb.nomachine.com/DT07S00243.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.