Wrong display order on a dual-monitor server

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Wrong display order on a dual-monitor server

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    snflow
    Participant

Hi,

I’m currently running a NoMachine 8.11.3 server on an Arch Linux host with KDE Plasma 6. My host machine is set up with two monitors arranged as follows: | monitor_2 | monitor_1 |, with monitor_1 as my primary display positioned on the right. However, when I connect to the server using a NoMachine client (tested on both Linux and Mac) and opt to display both screens, it incorrectly shows them in the order of | monitor_1 | monitor_2 |.

I tried to set monitor_2 as my primary display on the host machine, which resulted in the NoMachine client displaying the monitors in the correct order: | monitor_2 | monitor_1 |. So seems the issue is that NoMachine always puts the primary display on the left. Is this behavior expected? Is there a way to modify this setting? I was trying to google this issue and also looked into the details of node.cfg and server.cfg in the /use/NX/etc directory on the host machine but haven’t found any solutions yet.

I would appreciate any suggestions on this matter.

Thanks!

Bilbotine
    Participant

Hi snflow,

The logs (server side) would be helpful to understand what goes wrong.

Can you please send them by email to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com, making sure to reference the topic as the subject of the email?

Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.