May 26, 2022 at 15:51 #38728chrysParticipant
very recently, after some Windows 11 updates, NoMachine clashes when try to connect to the remote Ubuntu PC.
I attached the nxtrace.log file here.
Hope can hear your possible suggestion soon.
Edited and added on by admin:
Can you describe the steps to reproduce the crash so I can add them to the topic?
– I click one of the remote PCs, key in Username and Password, and click “Login”, then the nomachine window is closed immediately.
What updates (version) have you applied to the Windows 11 client?
– The update applied on the day when crash happened is “Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.367.491.0) ” and “Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.367.600.0)”
What Ubuntu version are you connecting to?
– Both Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 20.04
Are you able to connect from another client?
– Yes, I have another laptop running Windows 10. From that laptop, I have no issue connecting to remote PCs.
Also, the logs did not attach so please send them in reply to this email.
– please see the attachment including .NX folder and nxtrace.log file.May 30, 2022 at 14:46 #38768
Please try disabling hardware decoding on the Windows client.
You can disable it completely in the player.cfg. Please edit the file
$HOME/.nx/config/player.cfgand set the configuration key “Enable hardware accelerated decoding” to “disabled”.May 31, 2022 at 09:13 #38771
We took a second look at the stack dump.
Confirmed it fails exactly in the video decoder device initialization and this initialization doesn’t require any special parameter. At a glance this seems to be a device bug and, indeed, we found this same problem reported for Outlook:
You didn’t say what exact driver version you are using. The first step, we’d say, is to update your video drivers.June 2, 2022 at 10:57 #38781chrysParticipant
Here is the update about my issue:
1, after I disable hardware decoding on windows client, the problem is still persisted.
2, in my laptop, I’ve two graphics cards, both of them are with up-to-date driver version. after I read the outlook post (which you refer me to), I decided to do the down grade of graphics card driver version. Then the problem is solved.
Thanks again Britgirl.June 3, 2022 at 08:27 #38787
I decided to do the down grade of graphics card driver version. Then the problem is solved.
Ok Chrys, thanks for letting us know. We suspected as much that the drivers were causing the problem.
This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.