Fedora 39 + Wayland + Nvidia RTX 4090, gray screen with Wayland

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Fedora 39 + Wayland + Nvidia RTX 4090, gray screen with Wayland

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    antomicblitz
    Participant

Hello. I would just like to share an issue I am facing. I am trying to get NoMachine up and running on my machine learning workstation.

I am running Fedora 39 with an Nvidia RTX 4090 dedicated graphics card.

When I use X11, I am able to start a remote session just fine and everything works more or less flawlessly. However, if I switch to Wayland, I get only a gray screen. Has anyone experienced this issue before and could give me some advice? I’m happy to upload logs or whatever I can if you can let me know what to try.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Hi, are you able to send us the server-side logs so we can check to see if it’s an already known issue? You can extract them using the instructions here: https://kb.nomachine.com/DT07S00243.

Send them to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com. Please use the title of this topic as the subject of your email. Thanks!

antomicblitz
    Participant

Hi Britgirl. Thanks for the reply. I will follow those instructions and send the logs asap 🙂

antomicblitz
    Participant

BTW just wanted to mention that I have now shared the log files with you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you troubleshoot. I am happy to help as much as I can.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Logs received 🙂

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Just checked them on the fly. The agent logs are missing 🙁

Can you reproduce and resubmit? From a terminal,
    $ sudo /etc/NX/nxserver --debug --enable all (in case you disabled debug already)
    $ sudo /etc/NX/nxserver --debug --collect

antomicblitz
    Participant

Hi Britgirl 🙂
    Sorry for the late reply but I am sending the log file now (it is in a .zip file this time, hopefully with everything in there). I connected to the host twice and got the same issue.

antomicblitz
    Participant

Hey again Britgirl,

I realize KDE+Wayland+Nvidia is probably the worst combination, but I am curious if you found anything promising from the logs I sent? My temporary solution now is to just boot into X11 if I need to access my desktop remotely, but I’m afraid that this solution is not ideal and also will become more challenging since Fedora will eventually drop X11 in favor of Wayland eventually. Anyway, I appreciate your help and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help troubleshoot. I am here 🙂

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Hi, the logs were helpful thanks and we were able to pinpoint the problem – an error related to the EGL library. The fix didn’t make today’s software update, verison 8.11.3, but will be in the next one 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.