RX460 resolution problem

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / RX460 resolution problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    onrul
    Participant

I have an RX460 in a new machine which gets locked to 640×480 resolution (no monitor attached) when I remote into it.

Windows 10, fresh install, latest catalyst drivers. Tried defining a custom resolution in NoMachine and within the OS but nothing seems to work.

I have another machine with the exact same setup except it has an R9 270x. This machine behaves normally, and I can adjust the resolution in-system.

Has anyone had a similar experience with the latest generation AMD graphics cards?

fra81

Do you mean that 640×480 is the only resolution listed in the display settings panel of the remote OS? NoMachine can only use the resolutions that are made available by the system, so it depends entirely on the graphics card.

You may try to attach a monitor for a moment to your server and see if the additional resolutions will still be available after you detach the monitor.

onrul
    Participant

While a monitor is attached I get all the resolution modes as I normally would. If I unplug the monitor while NoMachine has an active connection the resolution is changed to 640×480. Since NoMachine only uses the available resolutions I’d bet this is a video card problem. Thank you for your response, I’ll look elsewhere for a solution.

fra81

Yes, in that case the problem is clearly with the video card.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.