Forum Replies Created
November 13, 2020 at 08:54 in reply to: Stuck at installation – bypass password? #30329
OK, so I tried this once again, uninstalling/reinstalling NoMachine for the fifth time. I am connecting from my Android tablet to my Windows computer, not my localhost. Should I be connecting to my localhost instead, and if so, how would I do that? There was no link in your reply as to what to send you for the logs from my Windows computer. I’ve never sent anyone logs from my PC, so I did some research and have attached them to this response. I’m getting pretty frustrated; I do not have an exotic setup here; a Windows 7 PC and Android tablet. That’s it. I don’t see why this should be so hard to accomplish. NoMachine seems to be the only app that will allow me to do this so I can teach my class, and I have been struggling with this for over a week and a half trying to get this to work. Once again, here are the exact, precise steps I have taken:
My PC: Windows 7 w/ Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 64-bit op. system
Android tablet: Galaxy Tab A (2016), Android version 8.1.0
Steps I have taken:
1. Following the instructions, I Installed NoMachine “to the computer that you want to control remotely” (I assume this is my PC; I want to have the tablet screen appear on my PC monitor while using my tablet)
2. Re-started my PC after installation
3. OpenedNM and made note of the 2 IP addresses:
nx://192.168.1.208 (my PC’s IP address) and nx://35.137.xxx.xxx:xxx (unknown IP address that appears)
4. Closed NoMachine on my PC
5. Started my Android tablet, installed NoMachine; have not connected it to my PC via cable yet
6. Per the instructions, re-opened NM on my PC, reaching the screen that gives me 3 choices: Insert service URL or IP, Click New or Edit, Let others use an IP from this list. I click CONTINUE
7. Screen says “No computers were found on your local network”. On the PC, I click NEW to create a connection. using NX option, click CONTINUE
8. On the PC I enter the PC’s IP address 192.168.1.208, leaving “Use UDP communication for multimedia data” checked. I hit CONTINUE
9. I use the password method, and “Don’t Use A Proxy”.
10. The IP address is filled out in the field, I click CONNECT and receive the following message: “Remote host identification has changed. This can indicate that someone is trying to hijack the network connection, or the SSL certificate has been replaced due to a reinstallation of the NoMachine server. Do you want to proceed anyway and replace the old SSL certificate in the list of known hosts?”
11. I select YES, receiving the following message: “The authenticity of host 192.168.1.208 can’t be established. The certificate fingerprint is: SHA256 D2 B1 43 EC 66 10 FF 64 5B F1 5D 11 4A 96 46 2C B9 AC 5C 0F 0A EE 32 DE B5 3A 55 92 72 E0 9A 27.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting?”
12. I select YES
13. I reach the user name and password field: Windows 7 User Name: Magnum_Arts, Windows 7 password: [*removed by admin*]
“Authentication failed, please try again.”November 10, 2020 at 09:49 in reply to: Stuck at installation – bypass password? #30272
Hi Britgirl, sorry for the delay in following up with your assistance. I appreciate your help! I am connecting from my Android tablet to my Windows computer, not my localhost. Should I be connecting to my localhost instead, and if so, how would I do that? There was no link in your reply as to what to send you for the logs from my Windows computer. I’ve never sent anyone logs from my PC, so I’m unfamiliar with how to do that. I have tried to be as detailed as possible to document every step I have taken.
If you can tell me how to connect to my local host and how to send you logs from my PC to troubleshoot this I woudl be grateful. Still dead in the water trying to get NoMachine to work.October 22, 2020 at 09:18 in reply to: Stuck at installation – bypass password? #29999
Thank you for your response, and the link. I still cannot get NM to establish a connection. I went into User Accounts and created a user name and password for Windows 7, and tried again. At the password screen I put them in, and still I’m receiving a message saying Authentication Failed, please try again. I went in and created another password, with the same result.
I don’t know why this should be so challenging. Any suggestions?