Help needed with NoMachine in DeX Mode

Forum / NoMachine for Mobile / Help needed with NoMachine in DeX Mode

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nomachine_beginner
    Participant

My current setup:

– Samsung S23 Ultra
    – Xreal glasses (they act as a 1080p monitor, connected via USB-C to S23)
    – Bluetooth keyboard: https://www.amazon.com/seenda-Foldable-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Touchpad/dp/B0CCNS3871
    – Remote Ubuntu Desktop

I’m using NoMachine on S23 to remote into the Ubuntu desktop.

Current issues:
    1. Win (Super) key triggers default Android/DeX shortcuts, it doesn’t get captured by NoMachine.
    – I could possibly remap my shortcuts to utilize Alt in Ubuntu instead of Super and relearn the shortcuts, but I’m wondering if there’s a better way.

2. Upper row buttons function as multimedia keys, and I have to hold Fn to use them as normal keys (this also applies to the “Delete” key).
    – Tried Fn-Esc (this is the default Fn lock shortcut on Windows), but it doesn’t do anything.

3. Alt-Tab doesn’t work (switches between Android apps instead of being captured by NoMachine). Alt-F4 also doesn’t work.
    – Could potentially remap to another shortcut inside Ubuntu. But again requires relearning of shortcuts and creates inconsistencies.

4. The DeX bar at the top is visible and I don’t see a way to hide it, so not all of the 1080p resolution is utilized and this results in the image being slightly shrinked.

5. Right mouse click on the keyboard’s touchpad acts as a left click instead inside Nomachine’s remote context.
    I could possibly create a shortcut in Ubuntu to act as the right mouse button if I don’t find another solution.

Does anyone know of any workarounds? I’ve seen some threads, but they are either outdated, confusing, don’t provide step-by-step solutions or are related to some other setups.

Would greatly appreciate any help!

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Thanks for reporting. There is a bug that we are aware of related to point 5 in your post. There is a workaround there, so please try that: https://kb.nomachine.com/TR08V11198. For the other issues you are experiencing, we’re investigating.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Please login .