- I have created a Windows Server 2019 Machine on AWS
- I accessed it using Windows Remote Desktop connection, then I downloaded and installed NoMachine Enterprise Desktop (the evaluation version)
- I also added a rule for the inbound security group:
- TCP, port: 4000 from any IP
- TCP, port: 4080 from any IP
But whenever I try to access the machine using chrome on my laptop (http://<machine public name>:4080), I got:
- Either: connection refused message
- Or: <IP> took too long to respond
I am not sure where is the problem.
Another trial I did was:
- Login to the machine using Windows Remote Desktop
- Open google chrome on this remote machine
- Try to access the machine using: http://localhost:4080
- It connects and asks me for user name and password.
- But I can’t figure out which username and password I should use. It always give the message like “Authentication failure”.
This means, mot probably, there is a problem in Amazon AWS security group, or Amazon firewall.
Does any one know settings we need to access a Windows machine or Linux machine using the browser?