I have a cloud computer in Ubuntu with good specs and I connect to this cloud computer with my raspberry pi zero 2 (only 512m ram) as a thin client.
I can successfully connect using NoMachine, and the performance is acceptable for normal usage (eg. browsing web, coding)
I never use it for playing games, or watching videos, so I feel good with it.
So my question is that, how to make it even faster.
The main bottleneck should be the hardware of pi zero 2.
What should I set in the NoMachine setting on the server and client?
I noticed on server, there are 5 settings in the ‘performance’ section:
1. ‘Use a specific display encoding’
2. Use hardware encoding
3. Use a specific frame rate
4. Use acceleration for display processing
5. Use X11 vector graphics mode in virtual sessions
(2,4,5 are turned on currently)
For client side in the display section:
1. Disable network-adaptive display quality
2. Disable multi-pass display encoding
3. Disable frame buffering on decoding
4. Disable client side image post-processing
5. Request a specific frame rate 30FPS
(4,5 are turned on currently)
Just want to know whether my setting is correct. (for a high specs host , low specs client and normal network)
thanks for help