Connection fails with error 104

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Connection fails with error 104

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    T3tra
    Participant

I’m running 6.0.66 server on my primary box, which is running debian sid. I have it serving on port 4444.

From this machine, the client works fine for connecting outbound to my office machine through an ssh tunnel I setup.

But even with the tunnel to work disabled, from another laptop (with 6.0.66 too) in my local LAN I cannot connect to the server. It connects for a second, seems to authenticate, then barfs.

Client: Laptop has mint 18.2/cinnamon

Server: Debian sid (e.g. the latest code available, e.g it’s running kernel 4.13) with OpenBox WM (but I have tried with Enlightenment running too, and same failure)

For what it’s worth, my office machine is running Enlightenment, and I can connect to it fine from the machine at home running the server is dropping connections. I also get the same error at home using a different laptop running Enlightenment, and the 6.0.66 NX.

The attached logs are from the client. Let me know if the server side would be helpful too.

Thanks!

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Firstly check that the firewall is not interfering on the server side.

Secondly, please send the logs via forum[at]nomachine[dot]com. They most likely didn’t attach because they were too big. We’ll need both client and server sides.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.