Connection from win10 to win7 works, but the reverse yields Error 138

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Connection from win10 to win7 works, but the reverse yields Error 138

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    woofer808
    Participant

I can’t connect from a Windows 10 computer to a Windows 7 server without getting the error:

“Could not connect to the server.

Error is 138: Connection timed out”

Reversely, I can connect from the win7 server to the win10 machine without problems. My intent is to access the win7 server from within the LAN though.

When trying to access the win7 NoMachine server with the Android app on a tablet I get the same problem.

All other connections to the server works just fine, such as ftp, web, games, teamspeak. Both within the network and from outside through the router.

Every other remote desktop solution I have tested before NoMachine worked when connecting to the win7 computer. But it is NoMachine that I want to use.

I have tried using a separate PCI network card on the server instead of the onboard motherboard Killer NIC ethernet but with no luck.

That is about it. If anyone has any ideas that would be sweet. Sending the client and server logs by e-mail.

woofer808
    Participant

I just realized I can add files directly onto here, so I will do that.

kroy
    Contributor

Thanks for the logs, but after changing value SessionLogLevel you need to restart nxserver (you can do it from NoMachine Player: click on NoMachine icon on system tray -> Show the connection status -> Connection -> Restart). After that, please reproduce the problem and send the logs from server side.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.