Just installed NoMachine on M1 Mac, can only connect to it at 1080p

Forum / NoMachine for Mac / Just installed NoMachine on M1 Mac, can only connect to it at 1080p

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EthanHamric
    Participant

Hi, all!

I just installed NoMachine on my M1 mac, so I can remote into it from Windows. When I look in System Preferences | Display while connected from Windows, all I see is Unknown Display, and the only resolution choice is 1080p. I would like to use 1440p. I’ve changed my connection options to connect using 1440p, but I just wind up with 1080p in a 1440p window.

Is there a config file for the NoMachine virtual display on the mac so I can set a different resolution? Is there something else that I’m missing?

fisherman

Hello,

NoMachine on Mac OS uses connection to the physical display. “Unknown Display” and only resolution choice of 1080p could be limitation of connected monitor or limitation of headless Mac.

If you are using headless mac, possibly attaching hdmi dummy adapter would help.

Or you could try to hold Option when selecting Scaled resolution (see screenshot).

Attachments:
    EthanHamric
    Participant

Yes, it is headless. Sorry, should’ve mentioned that.

Ok, so it sounds like I need a dummy adapter. Is there one that you would recommend that will do 1440p?

Is there any software that will create a dummy display?

Thanks,

Ethan

Britgirl
    Participant

“Is there any software that will create a dummy display?”

Not that we are aware of. I would go for the dummy adapter.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.