April 13, 2023 at 14:33 #43828
NoMachine was working initially but when I removed all my terminal windows it doesn’t launch a new terminal windows any longer. It just spins then stops and no terminal window or any apps in NoMachine are being launched. So I uninstalled and downloaded a new windows version and reinstalled. But the problem is still the same nothing is being launched. I use the same configuration in putty and super putty and works. Please advise?
Attachments:April 13, 2023 at 14:41 #43833
It’s not clear what the problem is that you have. Please confirm:
1) what OS version you are connecting from? Windows, but which version?
2) what NoMachine product & version is installed on the client device you are connecting from?
3) what OS is on the server you are connecting to (it looks like Red Hat from the image, but what version)
4) what is the desktop environment on the Red Hat server ?
NoMachine was working initially but when I removed all my terminal windows it doesn’t launch a new terminal windows any longer.
What do you mean that you removed all your terminal windows. What are the steps you took?April 13, 2023 at 15:01 #43837
1) Windows 10 Pro 64bit
2) NoMachine 8.4.2
3) Linux x86_64
4) How can I find desktop environment on the Red Hat Server?
at the beginning I am able to create multiple terminal windows in the NoMachine desktop. But when I removed all those terminal window sessions and exited. I can no longer add or launch a new terminal sessions in NoMachine.April 13, 2023 at 15:30 #43840
I forgot to ask what NoMachine product you have installed on the Red Hat server. Is it the free version, something else? Is it the latest version?
What do you mean when you mention “I removed all those terminal sessions” in NoMachine? How did you remove them?
Can you start a normal NoMachine session to the RH server at all?
Is this a headless Linux machine? I.e is it without a monitor or do you have a monitor attached? Are you able to physically go to it and see if the desktop is running without problems?April 13, 2023 at 16:44 #43842
1) Here is Red Hat Server version info:
Icon name: computer-server
Machine ID: 20528fd92fc94cbaa12ee666df9bcacf
Boot ID: c419815d89274f3dbd0523ed7df0f2e6
Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux
CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7.6:GA:server
Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-957.el7.x86_64
2) I don’t recall, either I closed the terminal ssh sessions windows or deleted them… which removed them from NoMachine desktop
3) I cannot even open a terminal session window in No Machine or any other app, utils, etc… in NoMachine it just shows processing icon for a few seconds then stops. No window appears in NoMachine desktop its blank like the screen shot.
4) The Linux machine is remote, not sure if its headless and we don’t have access to the server box.April 13, 2023 at 17:30 #43848
You don’t mention the NoMachine product, this would allow me to understand better if you are possibly connecting to a virtual desktop session or to the physical display of the Linux host.
Anyway, if you are connecting to the physical display of the remote machine with NoMachine and the apps/utils are not starting on the physical display itself, it would indicate that it’s not a problem with NoMachine but with your system.
This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.