Not listening to port 4000

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Not listening to port 4000

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MannyMan
    Participant

Hello,

I cannot get NoMachine to work. I found via netstat that it wasn’t listening to port 4000. In the config file, I changed to another port and found that it was listening to the new ports but the home screen still shows it as using port 4000.

Attempting to connect using http://127.0.0.1:4000 or http://127.0.0.1:xxxx where xxxx is the new port I set does not work and the browser returns ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE (for TCP) or ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED (for UDP)

If anyone can help, I have attached log files.

Thanks in advance

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Logs files weren’t attached, but you can send them to us at forum[at]nomachine[dot]com and we can go over them.

Can you tell us what product you install on the server side. Connecting through the browser is only supported in Enterprise products, for example you could try with Enterprise Desktop on the computer you want to connect to. It won’t be possible to connect with your browser if you are trying to connect to a server where you have installed the free version.

Are you able to connect from a client using the Player i.e not from the browser?

MannyMan
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I didn’t supply log files. I was having problems submitting the ticket because I had attached a screenshot, and after removing the screenshot, I then tried to submit the ticket to see if the screenshot was the problem (but forgot to attach the logs).

In any case, this situation has been resolved and it was the case that an enterprise licence is required for web access. I didn’t realise this at first until after further research.

This ticket can now be closed, thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.