nxserver.bin 100% usage when no sessions active

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / nxserver.bin 100% usage when no sessions active

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    derekcheeseman
    Participant

Hi,

I’m running NoMachine 6.8.1 on PopOS 19.04 and am seeing issues with nxserver.bin high CPU usage. When I monitor it in top, it seems to appear for 10 seconds and consume a full core at %100, then disapear for 10 seconds. This happens only during or after a remote control session and if I reboot it does not seem to appear until I initiate a remote session. Although not recent, the machine is a Haswell i5 so I wouldn’t expect to see something talking up a core even if there is no remote control session active.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Mth
    Contributor

Hello

The nxserver does a bit of monitoring in the background, NoMachine processes graphic environment tracking, which is not
    always readily available in the system.

The 100% cpu usage after connection is unacceptable and abnormal though (unless of course there is a lot of swapping going on).

Could you please gather some logs for us to check this issue?

Article on how to collect logs:

https://www.nomachine.com/DT10O00163 (“How to gather debug logs for support requests”)

Please enable them, restart the nxservice:

‘# /etc/NX/nxserver –restart’

and then connect to the machine.

Also please include the strace for this nxserver.bin process.

‘# strace -f -p <nxserver.bin PID> &> strace.log’

You can find the nxserver.bin PID in the top view. Please let this command run for a full cycle of 100% usage and then terminate it with ctrl-c.

After gathering logs, please send them to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com using the title of that forum’s thread as the mail’s subject.

/Mth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.