Plasma 6 wayland connection issue – 104 error

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Plasma 6 wayland connection issue – 104 error

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jjgalvez
    Participant

Afternoon,

when I try to connect between two computers both running Arch and Wayland with plasma 6 I get a white screen which then becomes a 104 connection reset by peer error. This looks like the same error in TR07U10921.  I’m attaching the logs hopefully they help. Unfortunately I can’t drop back to xorg as it causes issues on my machine coming out of sleep.

jjgalvez
    Participant

happy to provide any additional information / logs that might be useful

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Hi, can you submit server side logs so that we can check if it is indeed that TR? You can extract them using the instructions here: https://kb.nomachine.com/DT07S00243

Send them to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com. Please use the title of this topic as the subject of your email. Thanks!

jjgalvez
    Participant

Thank you I will submit the logs later today

jjgalvez
    Participant

server and client logs sent. Hope they are helpful

Britgirl
    Keymaster

The logs show that the issue is actually a different one. This https://www.nomachine.com/TR03U10784. Support for 10 bits channels is planned, most likely in one of the minor releases of the v9 tree.

jjgalvez
    Participant

interesting, are there any workarounds or do i need to set the color depth on my desktop to something less than fullcolor?

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Can you tell us what configuration you have in order to get 30 bit per pixel? We can verify it first in our labs.

jjgalvez
    Participant

Afternoon Britgirl, thanks for the quick reply,

I’m running Arch (EndeavourOS) with KDE Plasma 6 Wayland  (including SDDM on Wayland). I’m attaching a screen shot of the system info for reference.

Nomachine was installed by the AUR

Britgirl
    Keymaster

We were more interested in your specific display settings. What’s the monitor model btw?

jjgalvez
    Participant

Monitor MSI Optix Mag321CQR

resolution: 2560×1440 @ 60 Hz
    scale: 120%

RGB Range full color

fra81

@jjgalvez,

please show the content of the ‘/usr/libexec/plasma-dbus-run-session-if-needed’ script. Note that this file could be in a different path, so you can use the ‘locate’ command to find it.

Also show the output of:

ls -l /etc/xdg/plasma-workspace/env

jjgalvez
    Participant

apologies for not replying sooner. On my machine I don’t have a plasma-workspace/env folder other than ~/.config/plasma-workspace/env which is empty

fra81

Hi,

did you also check the content of the /usr/libexec/plasma-dbus-run-session-if-needed script?

Besides, you can try the following steps:

1. Create the /etc/xdg/plasma-workspace/env directory

2. Place a nx-surceenv.sh script in it containing only this line: export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/NX/lib/libnxegl.so

3. Reboot

4. Make sure the libnxegl library is preloaded (the output of the sudo netstat -anlp | grep egl command shouldn’t be empty)

Let us know the results 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.