Problem logging into Pi400 from Android app

Forum / NoMachine for Raspberry Pi / Problem logging into Pi400 from Android app

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sealyons
    Participant

I’m having trouble trying to logon my Pi400 (running 64-bit Bullseye) from the Android app.  When I installed the app on my Galaxy S10+ it said that the app was based on an older Android version and some things may not work. I noticed that the app hasn’t been updated since 2018? Not sure if this is the reason for my problem.

From the app, it does find my Pi400 and when I select it I do get a login screen.  The login screen shows the following message: “Authentication failed, please try again.” When I enter the username & password I continually get the following message: “Ooops!  The connection with the server was lost”.  Why is this happening?

Britgirl
    Keymaster

“Ooops! The connection with the server was lost”

We aren’t aware of problems with Bullseye, nor connecting from Samsung S10, so this would need to be checked further. It is probably on the server side, the computer that you are connecting to. Please submit the logs from the Android device using the instructions here: https://knowledgebase.nomachine.com/AR04M00843. You can send them directly to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com making sure to use the title of this topic as the subject of your email. Thank you.

it said that the app was based on an older Android version

The next update will be based on new APIs so the warning message will be resolved.

We’d say that the major iOS and Android update is actually behind schedule. The reason is that the upcoming version 8 for desktop took more time than initially expected. Especially the major features that it will bring with it. The good news is that we plan to release the new version for mobile just after we release version 8 for desktop. The main problem with both the iOS and the Android versions is that we had to update the SDK used, for both. This required more time than expected, especially with the “further interactions” with the user, mandated by “policies”. But again, good news! New versions coming just after version 8 for desktop!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.