This is just a heads-up, I discovered recently:
Have recently started using NoMachine:
Server: Dell 9020/8GB RAM/Ubuntu 22.04/NoMachine 7.9.2
Client: Dell 9020/16GB RAM/Tumbleweed/NoMachine 7.9.2
Connected to server, and display was a bit small, so I just scaled it ie clicked the corner, and dragged down/out.
Disconnected, and next time I physically checked the server, resolution was oversize – couldn’t see the edges etc.
Didn’t matter what I did, wouldn’t fix – log out/in, reboot, shutdown/restart etc.
Finally discovered that NM had actually changed the refresh rate to 64hz – changed back to 60hz, and all was fine…