White screen and unknown codec for H.264 on 6.6.8

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / White screen and unknown codec for H.264 on 6.6.8

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    garfi
    Participant

Hello all,

I am using NoMachine more than years also subscribed for AVC codec but I am happy its now free for all users.

I have a problem with my new laptop (Thinkpad x280)

I have 6.6.8 (latest) on my PCs, I tried to connect my new laptop (all physical,local, win10 to win10), after login, screen is not coming, just white screen, looked infos on NoMachine panel it says “unknown codec”. tried every single options (disabling multipass, frame buffer, adaptive quality etc..), nothing worked…

BUT if I change codec preference to “VP8” on my laptop before I connect it, it is working!!

So problem is related with H.264 I believe, but What I can do this?, how can I solve this?, please guide me and if you need log filesĀ I can send

Please note that I tried other PCs to connect my new laptop, same happened.. (white screen and unknown codec)

Beside of that I can connect to other PCs with H264 codec with no problem..

thank you all

Mehmet

fra81

Hi Mehmet,

you can try to disable hardware encoding instead of disabling H.264 altogether. To do that, uncomment and disable the EnableHardwareEncoding key in the ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\NoMachine\etc\node.cfg’ file, then restart NoMachine server:

EnableHardwareEncoding 0

Please also send logs for further investigation, as explained in https://www.nomachine.com/AR10K00697.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.