Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • markdesilva

    Hi was wondering if theres any break through with this issue? Thank you.


    Did a clean install of ‘nomachine_5.2.11_1_amd64.deb’, after removing /usr/NX and letting the install recreate everything.

    Tried to connect from my Windows client, same black screen issue (no corner flap), eventually kicks out with “Error 138” some connection to server lost thing.

    Tried from localhost as requested, this time blank white screen (no corner flap), kicks out with “Error 110” same connection to server lost thing.

    The node directory and nxd.log are zipped and attached.

    Thank you.


    Ah ok, sorry I was confused because my initial post went through immediately. Thanks!

    I have uninstalled and reinstalled versions 4.x and 5.1 of NoMachine and still get the black screen without the flap. Reinstalled 5.2 and still the same issue. As a temporary fix until someone has a solution to this, I’ve installed [another product]. Its gets the job done and is functional but I still prefer NoMachine, so hope someone can figure out this issue.

    Attached logs from the client side.

    Thank you.


    I replied but my post is being held for moderation?


    Hi sorry for the late reply, didn’t get any emails notifying me there was a response.

    Nothing different on this machine. In fact, I had NoMachine running fine on this same hardware previously. All I did was replace the hard drive (old hard drive was running ubuntu 14.05) and install the latest Ubuntu and patch it will all the recommended app and security patches, just like all my other machines. All the other machines run nomachine fine, its just this one machine that exhibits this issue. Iptables currently allows all traffic, no restrictions (until this issue is solved, this machine is not running anything other than whats supposed to run after a clean install).

    Also, I’ve tried putting back the old hard drive (running ubuntu 14.05) and running NoMachine and it connects just fine. Just this new install.

    Anyway for the output requested:

    # cat /etc/hosts       localhost       localhost.localdomain

    # The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
    ::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
    fe00::0 ip6-localnet
    ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
    ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
    ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

    # ifconfig
    eno1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr A4:02:B9:25:ef:d0
              inet addr:  Bcast:  Mask:
              inet6 addr: ffe80::5136:e219:1775:7fac/64 Scope:Link
              UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
              RX packets:2086320 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:886848 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
              RX bytes:921274076 (921.2 MB)  TX bytes:384847275 (384.8 MB)
              Interrupt:20 Memory:f7d00000-f7d20000

    lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
              inet addr:  Mask:
              inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
              UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
              RX packets:3255346 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:3255346 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:1
              RX bytes:1389571225 (1.3 GB)  TX bytes:1389571225 (1.3 GB)


    # ping -c 3 localhost
    PING localhost ( 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from localhost ( icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.032 ms
    64 bytes from localhost ( icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.048 ms
    64 bytes from localhost ( icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.062 ms

    — localhost ping statistics —
    3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 1998ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.032/0.047/0.062/0.013 ms

    # uname -a
    Linux pan01 4.4.0-67-generic #88-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 8 16:34:45 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)