August 29, 2023 at 17:23 #45291lgerhardtParticipant
Hi, I’m running Ventura 13.4.1 and NoMachine client 8.8.1. I frequently see behaviour where the mouse acts as if it is in a different place from where it’s displaying. The only way to fix this is to flip to a different program and then back to the NoMachine client. Then I get one correct mouse click before it starts to diverge again. Sometimes I can get several hours of clean mouse behaviour if I exit my session, but it degrades again after a while.September 8, 2023 at 19:10 #45353TorParticipant
Hi, thanks for the report. I’ve some questions to help the investigation.
- What is your Mac model? If it’s a Macbook, do you use the built-in trackpad or an external mouse/trackpad?
- Do you’ve multiple screens on client and/or on server?
- What is the server side operating system?
- When you say “one correct mouse click”, do you mean exactly and only one click?
- What is the NoMachine display mode you use: viewport, scaling, or remote resize?
- Can you verify if the mouse works again correctly by just opening and closing the NoMachine player menu?
- Can you verify if the mouse works again correctly by doing a small NoMachine player window resize?
- Can you estimate more or less how big the mouse offset is, and if it is always the same? Does the offset increase as you move to the bottom-right corner of the NoMachine player window?
Thank you for your help.September 8, 2023 at 22:04 #45354lgerhardtParticipant
Thanks for looking at this.
I have a macbook and am using the built-in trackpad.
I have just one screen and a single NoMachine Client that I’m using.
The server side OS is CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009.
When it’s acting up, I get exactly one correct mouse click. I use viewport mode.
I’m not sure what you mean by the player menu. If you mean the settings menu that you can bring up by clicking in the corner, the answer is no.
For some reason the size of my player window is locked (I can drag to make it bigger but it snaps back to original size. I’m pretty happy with the window size it’s stuck at so I haven’t investigated that further. I’m happy to do so if you think it’s related)
The mouse offset is usually a few lines of text. I don’t know if it gets bigger at the bottom right corner.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.