Forum Replies Created
@Britgirl are those mac addresses? Can I force NoMachine to always find a machine by matching mac address, so it will always find the right IP for that machine?
Ah ok, I was thrown off because some dot folders were showing up, but not the .nx one, I’ve removed the cached XML lines now.
So now NoMachine has found the computer’s public IP automatically, but not the local one. So I had to go in and edit it manually again. How do I get NoMachine to use the local IP for discovery?
Hi kroy, there is no folder like that on my machine (Windows 7) – there is a C:\Users\nx directory, but none of the sub directories have a cache folder
thank you. Where does that file live on windows?August 26, 2021 at 22:10 in reply to: No Mac audio driver after update to Big Sur 11.5.2 #34999
After a second full runthrough including Mac restart and NoMachine restart, the audio driver came back. I’m not sure why the hiccup happened.July 20, 2021 at 08:42 in reply to: Function keys aren’t sent from Windows client to Mac server #34518
Latest updates / issues:
- Function keys aren’t being sent as media keys, and it’s not related to Windows nor the physical keyboard. I can reproduce function keys not being sent properly as media keys from one Macbook nomachine’d into another Macbook. I’m currently working around this issue by setting up new mappings for shortcuts using standard Apple shortcuts. For example I remapped “show desktop” (normally a function key) to command-shift-d, which works through NoMachine.
- I’m able to use the shortcut control-option-left/right (which I use to resize windows), to one Macbook (2018), but not to another Macbook (2014). I’m not sure what the difference is. They’re both running with “oldeventapi” on the server.
- My mouse back/forward buttons still aren’t forwarded
- I have a 4k monitor, and the resolution is blurry from both Macbooks. I think this a known issue about high DPI monitors.
- The shortcut Command-L, which focuses the URL bar in Chrome on Mac, is instead captured by my Windows host, which logs me out every time I try to focus the URL bar. I’m on Windows 7. When it logs me out, the command/windows key is then stuck down, so I have to log back in and tap the windows key. Frustrating since it’s a shortcut I use a LOT. I’ve remapped it to command-shift-L, which isn’t captured by Windows, on my Macbook and I’m trying to re-learn the muscle memory.
- On Windows 7, even in fullscreen, the windows task bar still shows up over the NoMachine window. I’m not sure if this is a Windows 7 specific issue, or something wrong with my Windows 7 setup, or something else. Since I keep both Windows bar and Mac dock on the bottom of the screen, they conflict. I’m working around this by moving the Windows taskbar to a different place, but no matter where I put it, it overlaps something in the NoMachine client. I don’t have this issue with full screen games. I’ve set the windows taskbar to auto-hide, but it only kind of works as when I move my mouse near that edge in NoMachine, it still opens the Windows taskbar again.