Could not connect to the server. Error is 11001: Host not found

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Could not connect to the server. Error is 11001: Host not found

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    og00r
    Contributor

We are unable to reproduce this issue, can you help us in the meantime, by enabling logs and sending them to us?

Here are the instructions on how to do this:
    https://www.nomachine.com/DT10O00163

Logs from server and client of the affected Windows are requested. Please make nxserver –restart after setting SessionLevelLogs 7 in both server.cfg and node.cfg, reproduce issue and after that gather logs and send them to us.

Zardoc
    Participant

Thanks.

og00r
    Contributor

What is name of user currently logged to desktop on that windows? Does it contain any non-latin characters?

Zardoc
    Participant

What is name of user currently logged to desktop on that Windows? Does it contain any non-latin characters?

Hi, I don’t remember the login name. We use French Canadian é or ç etc. I think that’s latin. However, ther are some files in Hatian créole but I still think that it’s Latin based.

I will set up log and forward.

Zardoc
    Participant

Hi,

After a bit out figuring out, I was able to understand what the problem was. You led me to the right answer. The affected machine had a name with special characters ( haïti). After changing the name of the machine the problems went away.

Can you please add that to your KB or installation instructions so that it can help avoid problems?

I think that you have a great software but I would suggest that you try to tone down the Q&A or KB articles to a language more commonly used by everyone. (at least for home versions) 🙂

Thanks for the troubleshooting

Zardoc
    Participant

Hi again,

I also noticed another message in the event viewer mentioning that the server did not properly shutdown after receiving a shutdown command.

This happens after every Windows shutdown.

Thanks.

Britgirl
    Participant

@Zardoc
    , thanks for the feedback, and we’re pleased to know that you can now connect 🙂

We would like to know exactly what characters are causing the problems and if this is indeed related to the multiple processes appearing. To investigate thoroughly we would need to see the logs with debug enabled.

If possible, can you enable logs on Windows server side, reproduce the issue (so you’d have to go back to using the unusual character in the usernames) and zip up the logs? I’ll write the instructions here:

– Go to the installation folder of NoMachine, for example: C:\Program Files\NoMachine\etc and locate the server.cfg file.

– Right-click the server.cfg and open it with a text editor such as Wordpad or Notepad.

– Locate #SessionLogLevel 6 and change it to: SessionLogLevel 7.

– And restart the server. You can restart from the GUI (see image).

– Reproduce the problem. The logs will then capture any errors being produced.

– The logs are located on Windows here: %PROGRAMDATA%/NoMachine/var/log . You can locate it quickly by opening up the ‘Run’ app and pasting that path in the appropriate field.

– Zip up the folder by right-clicking the file or folder, point to Send To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder.

The logs would also allow us to check out the warnings about the server not shutting down properly 🙂

Zardoc
    Participant

Hi Britgirl,

I’m sorry the machine is gone. I was helping a friend. To repro, rename the computer haïti with two dots on top then install NoMachine.

Zardoc
    Participant

Hi,

Here is a message that I’m often getting on my machine. I’m not sure what it implies but the service control manager error happens at every shutdown of the computer.

The other error, I can’t find the source.

Zardoc
    Participant

Hi again

The machine I was helping a friend with was at my home. I could see the public IP :1234 address.

Now when I check for the public IP at his house. I don’t have one, just the local IP. He has the same Router as I have and the same ISP as I do.

I could see a public IP at my house. Why can’t I get a public IP from his house.

BTW it’s a DIR 868L Rev A which has UPNP enabled.

Thanks for the help.

Zardoc
    Participant

Hello, does anyone have an idea about the question above?

Thanks.

Britgirl
    Participant

Some things you can check are that EnableUPnP NX is uncommented in the server.cfg i.e you should make sure it’s without ‘#’ 🙂
    And if you open a terminal window on the server (cmd) and run nxserver --upnpmap (it has to be executed once you’re in the %ProgramFiles(x86)%\NoMachine\bin directory) it should show the external IP and port.

If that still doesn’t work we’ll need the logs (see my instructions from an earlier post) and nxserver --upnpmap output.

Zardoc
    Participant

I will try it out.

Thanks for the patience with the noobie. 🙂

Zardoc
    Participant

Hi BritGirl,

Could not get the public IP with instructions.

Log files included.

Thanks.

Britgirl
    Participant

The logs didn’t show any information that would help us to understand where the problem is other than that we don’t receive any information from the router. Is it at all possible that UPnP is still disabled on the router?

This might be helpful for enabling it on the problematic router.

https://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/faq/routers/wireless-routers/dkt-series/how-do-i-enable-upnp-on-my-dir-series-router

From an earlier post we understand that your friend’s router is the same model as yours – does it have the same version of firmware and are the firewall rules the same?  Can you enable UPnP on the router and restart the router?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

This topic was marked as closed, you can't post.